A moment to give thanks
I'm offline for the next two weeks, visiting Morocco. The time away is quite
welcomed. I don't celebrate religious holidays, but the end of the year does
present a time to reflect on a year passed by. I wanted to celebrate a short
list of people that have had a positive influence on me this year, and that
means something to me. This list is, by far, not comprehensive.
- Emmanuele Bassi for his hard work and dedication to bringing us a solid platform. Clutter, gtk+, glib, json-glib. Your attitude and ability to stay calm when surrounded by trolls does not go unnoticed.
- Hub Figuière for never relenting to others revisionist history.
- Andy Isaacson for being 5 steps ahead of everyone else. Every conversation I have with you ends up in amazing stories, a history lesson, and what we can do to make it better. It is always inspiring.
- Jacob Berkman for the indistinguishable mix of charm and bad attitude. It was unforgettable working with you.
- Hylke Bons for taking the rudeness and undeserved aggression too often found in our community and continuing to produce quality.
There are so many others, but I wanted to keep this list short.
-- Christian Hergert
Back to Index