I've been really busy the last few weeks, so I've been short on updates.
In particular, I've been trying to get everything solidified for the fundraising campaign.
That's a lot more work than I ever imaged.
Definitely harder for me than writing software.
But there has been some development since the last update, including updates to the wiki.
- Started on a new GtkSourceStyleScheme for Builder.
It's based on colors from the Mozilla developer site.
I think I'd like to use FiraMono as the default font too.
If you want to work on this, let me know.
There are plenty of people better at this than me.
- I've been working on lots of new designs for how workspaces will work.
I'll try to get the design sketches up soon.
- You can see the search box now, to get an idea of how it will look, but nothing is wired up yet.
The Global Search feature will be central to Builder.
- Python and XML auto indenters have been added to compliment the C89 auto indenter.
- Some basic support for gnome-code-assistance has been added so you'll see errors and warnings as you type.
I have some bugs still to work out here that are my fault.
I miss-understood how some things worked and need to find time to fix them.
- Various improvements to C89 auto indenter.
- Various improvements to VIM mode.
- Style Scheme and Font can be configured in Preferences.
- You can configure editor options per-language in Preferences.
- We try to install reasonable defaults for some major languages upon first run.
Feel free to suggest some more or better yet submit a patch.
The file in question is src/resources/language/defaults.ini
- CommandBar has been modified to look more like Firefox.
As soon as the fundraiser is launched, I'm really looking forward to get back to working on the core
workspace design and editor features.
Also, I think the Global Search is going to be a lot of fun to implement.
-- Christian Hergert
Back to Index